APRIL 2018 PROFESSIONAL CAREER DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP

//APRIL 2018 PROFESSIONAL CAREER DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP

APRIL 2018 PROFESSIONAL CAREER DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP

JstWORK aspires to forge the future of professionals through organizing Career Development Workshops. In April 2018 we continued down that path by hosting our fifth Professional Career Development Workshop.

The crux of the workshop was centered on Career Exploration. This involved attendants being taught about career options and doing a strong skills inventory as well as a significant amount of  outside “homework”

Additionally, we covered Alternative Careers. This was a favorite for attendants with transferable skills, but not quite sure on how to go about the process of considering and accessing alternatives.

Not only that, attendants took part in:

• Assessing and make the most of their talents, skills, interests, and personality
  • Generating career options
  • Improving their resume & social media profiles
  • Designing a successful job search plan
  • Learning how to skillfully network, interview and negotiate salaries

<center>"So, do you need help securing your dream job?"</center>

“So, do you need help securing your dream job?”

We will give you fool-proof strategies and terrific tools that will have you looking at your career in a  brand new perspective.

A huge thank-you to all who joined us—we hope to see many of you at our subsequent workshops soon!

By | 2018-04-26T07:50:58+00:00 April 25th, 2018|Categories: Events|6 Comments

About the Author:

Executive Assistant to the MD, Chief Content Contributor, Recruiting Ninja and Cat Whisperer. Slipped a writing sample under the MD’s door and now, happily sharing our experiences at JstWORK with the world. Will trade career tips for cat cuddles.

6 Comments

1. Damaris April 26, 2018 at 4:16 pm - Reply

This is just the place to be. For any job seeker, or any person desiring to change their career path.. alot of insight here. This class has enabled me realise my value worth. I can decide when to move and which direction. negotiate on my terms – as a quality brand. Thanks Natalia for reaching out to me. Am glad I took part.

2. Lillian Waheire April 26, 2018 at 6:17 pm - Reply

I made the right decision to attend a professional career development workshop organized by Natalia Polishchouk and Grace Kinyanjui from Jstwork.com.
    Natalia took us through the first session and it was an eye opener. She introduced me to a more structured job hunt, how I can maximize my LinkedIn profile and grow my network. Am excited and looking forward to the next session.

3. Mark Otieno April 27, 2018 at 5:52 am - Reply

The workshop was quite mind-shifting and eye opening in as far as understanding the whole recruitment process operates.

Natalia is a wealth of information and am really glad to have been part of this workshop.

You don’t really get to deeply comprehend your career worth until you’ve participated in this well tailored workshop.

Thank you Natalia, Grace and the entire jstWORK team.

4. Ken Mbugua May 17, 2018 at 9:41 am - Reply

It doesn’t matter whether you are actively searching for a job or building your brand, this workshop is the place to invest in. The wealth of information is so beneficial in enabling one take more control of their career and steer it in the right direction.

5. Lynda Keeru May 17, 2018 at 9:44 am - Reply

This has been a very eyeopening experience. I have a complete mindshift and I have began a personal journey on how to package myself and drive my career. I feel very fortunate to have attended this class. Thank you Natalia, Grace and team.

6. Joy Kelemba May 17, 2018 at 9:57 am - Reply

What an awesome first training session from Natalia and Grace of JSTWORK! Just what I needed to move to the next step in life!!! The course is a must for anybody who wants to move to enjoy work and leave a legacy!

What I liked most

The world of work is evolving thus, use of social media like LinkedIn, website, video and best picture in branding. .
    Use of technology such as algorithm in recruitment especially shortlisting – by matching cv and job application.
    Changing behavior and mindset in flexible work environment thus need for continuous update of skills as well as good understanding of globalization in labour supply.
    Becoming a career driver through proactivity, passion & persistence , looking for bridge persons in potential through e mail, calls; search websites for information is a must !
    Linking of skills and expertise to achievements is important in selling product!.

What I will do differently

Be proactive in job search – search website and e mail or call bridge persons by using 360 degrees approach.
    Adopting info graphic CV – complete with best picture and video clip as a marketing strategy
    Adjustment of CV to fit different entities? Coming up with Best Fit CV for each company
    Branding self and protecting intellectual property.
    Building up network with groups and individuals especially on LinkedIn

What I am looking for in second session

Identification of right company and condensing each career requirements
    Searching for the job in a strategic manner
    All about interview and salary negotiation!